Illa Bhardwaj joined Middlesex Cricket in the Autumn of 2021 as Chief Financial Officer and was appointed to the Board in early 2022.
She is fellow of ACCA qualification and has an Accounting and Finance degree from the University of Kent.
She previously had global roles as Group Finance Director at various different companies in the Media & Design industry.
She has over ten years’ experience in senior financial positions, having held roles in leading financial control, compliance and analysis at similar sized companies to Middlesex Cricket.
With an exceptional track record in all aspects of financial leadership management and processes, her appointment was made to bring the financial security, transparency, and expertise in cashflow management the Club needs.
Illa's key skills include:
- Business acumen and strategic commercial understanding
- Reporting to, presenting at, and advising the board (financial and non- financial)
- Communication skills - making complex financial information user - friendly Implementing rigor and process improvement across all aspects of the company
- Financial planning/modelling to aid decision making
- Management and financial accounts
- Treasury management
- Mergers and acquisition and dealing with due diligence
- Commercial negotiation
- HR and legal
- Strategic and operational management
- Financial reporting including consolidated accounts
- Staff management, leadership and training, including team building
- Establishing companies in Europe and USA, including corporate structure and taxation issues